How Modern Media Companies Automate
We Love Video
The numbers don’t lie. We love watching video. A recent survey done across 10 nations shows just how much.
- We spend an average of 6.75 hrs per week watching online video.
- We spend 57% more time viewing than just 3 years ago.
- Globally, about 12% of us watch more than 20 hours per week and needs a refresher on moderation.
France Loves it too
In France, they’re reporting an average of 9.38 hours per week of total viewing over all video content. It’s a demand being met by companies like OCS, a group of subscription-based TV channels operated by Orange in France.
To provide their viewers with the best content, they also provide an on-demand service called OCS Go. They have exclusive contracts with Warner Bros., HBO, MGM among others. With OCS, Game of Thrones fans in France will never miss a moment with the Mother of Dragons.
The Need to Automate
An operation like this requires a lot of collaboration and speed to keep up with the steady stream of new content. That’s exactly why OCS implemented iconik to automate and modernize its collaboration workflows. OCS will use iconik to share media content with journalists and internal services within Orange. Before, this was done manually by uploading content to a system for sharing media files.
OCS will now automate much of that workflow. Because Cantemo iconik integrates seamlessly with Cantemo Portal, media content and metadata are automatically pushed to iconik based on business rules. Media can then be accessed directly from iconik. The archiving workflow can also be automated with integration between iconik and OCS’ existing MatrixStore object storage from Object Matrix.
Automation With APIs and Integrations
Finding a solution that can hook into your current workflows, and remain flexible as your workflows change will greatly reduce the amount of work needed to implement a new solution. The ability to create custom workflows and actions will also help a new solution slip into place quickly.
In iconik, you have both of these things.
- Open API: Users have full access to the same API and webhooks that the iconik team uses for internal development. With the API, iconik can be integrated with any existing systems and be automatically triggered to do literally every task that can be done in the iconik UI and more.
- Integration with Portal: Portal can synchronize automatically with iconik. This adds more ease to sharing assets and collaborating with a global audience and external stakeholders, no matter where they are.
“iconik is all about enabling collaboration and that is something OCS is really embracing with this implementation. Not only can it more easily share content with all external and internal stakeholders, iconik has enabled it to automate a great deal of its workflows. All of this means that OCS can concentrate on what it does best: generating large volumes of premium content.”